To register your Jasic product click here
All new JASIC welders, plasma cutters and multi-process units sold by Wilkinson Star Limited within the United Kingdom and Ireland shall be warrantied to the original owner/user, non transferable, against failure due to defective materials or production for a period of 2 years following the date of purchase. Registering the product within 28 days of purchase extends the warranty period from 2 years to 5 years. The original invoice is documentation for the standard warranty period. The warranty period is based on a single shift work pattern. Extended warranty is not applicable to units which are purchased for rental or hire. Defective units shall be repaired or replaced by the company at our workshop. The company may opt to refund the purchase price (less any costs and depreciation due to use and wear). The company reserves the right to alter the warranty conditions at any time with effect for the future.
The customer is responsible for all shipping costs and risk associated with items that are returned covered under warranty.
Any problems should be reported to the technical support team to review the claim so that the warranty claim can be established.
A prerequisite for the full warranty is that products are operated in accordance with the operating instructions supplied, observing the relevant installation and any legal requirements recommendations and guidelines and carrying out annual maintenance work and testing. It is recommended this be carried out by Wilkinson Star Limited, an authorized service partner or a suitably qualified competent person.
Any warranty repairs may only be carried out by Wilkinson Star Limited otherwise the warranty will be invalidated.
The customer has no claim to loan or replacement products whilst repairs are being performed or replacements are being provided.
The following falls outside the scope of the warranty:
- Defects due to natural wear and tear
- Failure to observe the operating and maintenance instructions
- Connection to an incorrect or faulty mains supply
- Overloading during use
- Any modifications that are made to the product without the prior written approval of Wilkinson Star Limited
- Software errors due incorrect operation
- Any repairs that are carried out using non-approved spare parts
- Any transport or storage damage.
- Direct or indirect damage as well as any loss of earnings are not covered under the warranty
- External damage such as fire or damage due to natural causes, e.g., flooding.
NOTE: Under the terms of the warranty, welding torches, their consumable parts, wire feed unit drive rolls and guide tubes, work return cables and clamps, electrode holders, connection and extension cables, mains and control leads, plugs, wheels, coolant, etc. are not covered.
Wilkinson Star Limited will submit an invoice for any repair work performed outside the scope of the warranty. Wilkinson Star Limited shall in no event be responsible for any third party expenses or expenses/costs or any indirect or consequential expenses/costs.
The decision about repair or replacement of the defective part(s) is made by Wilkinson Star. The replaced part(s) remain(s) Wilkinson Star property.
Warranty extends only to the machine, its accessories and parts contained inside. No other warranty is expressed or implied. No warranty is expressed or implied in regards to the fitness of the product for any particular application or use.
Warranty Extension to 60 months (includes the standard warranty period)
The extension to the warranty period of your Jasic welding or cutting equipment is subject to the following conditions:
1. Completion of the warranty extension details which maybe submitted by email, fax or post within 28 days from the date of purchase.
After 28 days you will be unable to extend the warranty period.
Following the product registration the customer will receive a confirmation registration document from Wilkinson Star within 14 days. If you have not received a confirmation within this period you should contact us. The acknowledgment is your extension warranty and should be kept for provision in the unlikely event of a warranty failure.
2. The warranty is subject to the equipment being maintained in accordance with the details shown in the instruction manual. It is recommended that any maintenance be carried out by Wilkinson Star Limited, an authorized service partner or a suitably qualified competent person.
The cost of this service visit will be borne by the owner of the equipment.
3. Failure to complete the registration within the specified time period or to complete the recommended maintenance will invalidate the extended warranty period.